If Spencer and I were food items, he would be a pizza and I would be a sandwich.
Behold this happy marriage, New York style!
New York Jets Reuben Pizza
Crust
I used the pre-made from Publix this week. Super easy and delicious.
Sauce
Thousand Island Dressing (I used mayo, ketchup, dill pickle relish, one clove of minced garlic, garlic salt, tobasco, and a little bit of white onion, finely chopped.)
Toppings
Sauerkraut
Corned beef, cut into cubes
Caraway seeds
Swiss cheese
Then I threw on a few chopped pickles and drizzled more of the dressing on top. So good!!
********************
2013
Start spreading the news! If you are cooking a New York themed meal, for sports or any other occasion, the possibilities are endless.
For a recent game against the J-E-T-S! , the following items were delightful game day fare.
Check back in the future, I will surely be updating this page. There are so many NY teams to cheer against, and so much food from that city to love.
Reubens-
![]() |
| Corned Beef |
![]() |
| Turkey |
This was a simple and delicious recipe.
Layer the following in order:
Pumpernickel Bread (Butter outside)
Thousand Island (we made a quick version-mayonnaise, ketchup, chopped dill pickles)
Turkey or Corned Beef (We made one of each!)
Sauerkraut
Swiss Cheese
Pumpernickel (Butter outside)
Grill or sandwich press
Manhattan Clam Chowder
Black and White Cookies
![]() |
| Thanks, Publix! |
Dr. Brown's Soda

**************************************************************
2015
The Bagel is straight outta New York. If you know me, you know I love the sandwiches. This Pressed Bagel Sandwich is just about perfect for your game day eating needs. Follow it up with "The Big Apple" (or two) for a sweet ending.
New York Style Cheesecake
New York Cocktail
New York Style Pizza
The Absolut Jolly Red Giants
New York Giants Pizza Burger
New York Jets Breakfast Pasta
Drunken Black and White Cookies
New York Giants Spritzer
Waldorf Salad










No comments:
Post a Comment