Friday, October 11, 2013

New Orleans

2016

It's nacho time to shine, Saints. I love all of the spicy goodness that comes along with Cajun cuisine. Check out these flavorful individual nachos for your next game day party!

Saints Individual Nachos



Naan bread-cut into triangles, bake at 350 for a few minutes

Cheese Sauce
2 TBSP butter
2 TBSP flour
Heat to medium, whisk
Add
1 cup milk
Cajun Seasoning
6 oz of shredded cheddar (I used a blend)

Andouille Sausage, thinly sliced

Sour Cream Topping
1 cup sour cream
1 scallion, sliced at an angle, 1/4 inch pieces
Cilantro

Bacon

Layer all, top with bacon crumbles and more of the scallion

The Falcons beer is trying to intimidate those Saints Nachos.






2014



A plethora of spicy and delicious dishes await you when you desire a taste of the Big Easy.

Sometimes we just cheat and go to our favorite Louisiana-style restaurant, Cajun Cafe on the Bayou.
Check out my posts on SBW: Roast Beef Po BoyRoast Beef Po Boy, Take 2
Fried Green Tomatoes

Crawfish Etouffee

Roast Beef Po Boy






When we cooked in honor of New Orleans, it was with tasty results. Jambalaya, Hurricanes, Cajun Cornbread, and Bananas Foster at halftime.




Chef John's Sausage & Shrimp Jambalaya

Green Chile & Cheese Cornbread

Bananas Foster

Hurricanes

Hilton New Orleans Riverside Potato Salad

Crawfish Burgers

Authentic New Orleans Gumbo





2 comments:

  1. Have you been to Ricky P's? They are on my "to try" list - I'm always in search of a yummy gumbo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They closed that one by my house.I know the one downtown had some health code violations. Maybe if they have cleaned it all up we can give it a try!! I know my sister-in-law loved the Po Boys there.

    ReplyDelete